The Drive-In at Union Market is back for an ninth season! Watch great films in the convenience of your car!
$20 parking fee per car
Advance purchase is highly recommended. "Sold Out" means that all 125 parking spaces have been reserved.
While enjoying films under the stars, enjoy dozens of local, regional and international foods: Egyptian favorites by Fava Pot, night market noodles from Som Tam, ice cream locally churned by The Creamery, tasty takeout burgers from Lucky Buns and more. Alcohol purchased from Market vendors is permitted on Neal Place. Alcohol is not allowed in the parking lot. For those on foot, pack your chairs and blankets and set up shop in front of Union Market for great views and picnic-style entertainment. Tickets are not required to watch on Neal Place.
For those on foot, pack your chairs and blankets and set up shop in front of Union Market for great views and picnic style entertainment.
Sound is transmitted to cars via FM radio. Speakers provide sound for picknickers. All films are shown with Open Captions.
PLEASE NOTE TIMES BELOW AS THEY CHANGE WITH SUNSET
FRIDAY, MAY 7
7:30 pm parking lot opens, 8:20 pm parking lot closes, 8:30 MOVIE STARTS
After young Riley is uprooted from her Midwest life and moved to San Francisco, her emotions - Joy, Fear, Anger, Disgust and Sadness - conflict on how best to navigate a new city, house, and school. Rated PG
THE ADVENTURES OF PRISCILLA, QUEEN OF THE DESERT
FRIDAY, JUNE 4
7:30 pm parking lot opens, 8:35 pm parking lot closes, 8:45 MOVIE STARTS
Two drag performers and a transgender woman travel across the desert to perform their unique style of cabaret. Rated R
WONDER WOMAN 1984
FRIDAY, JULY 2
8:00 pm parking lot opens, 8:50 pm parking lot closes, 9:00 MOVIE STARTS
Diana must contend with a work colleague and businessman, whose desire for extreme wealth sends the world down a path of destruction, after an ancient artifact that grants wishes goes missing. Rated PG-13
FRIDAY, AUGUST 6
7:45 pm parking lot opens, 8:35 pm parking lot closes, 8:45 MOVIE STARTS
When a nightclub singer is forced to take refuge from the mob in a convent, she ends up turning the convent choir into a soulful chorus complete with a Motown repertoire, until the sudden celebrity of the choir jeopardizes her identity. Rated PG
CRAZY RICH ASIANS
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 3
7:00 pm parking lot opens, 7:50 pm parking lot closes, 8:00 MOVIE STARTS
This contemporary romantic comedy, based on a global bestseller, follows native New Yorker Rachel Chu to Singapore to meet her boyfriend's family. Rated PG-13
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 1
5:45 pm parking lot opens, 7:10 pm parking lot closes, 7:15 MOVIE STARTS
A live-action feature film following the evil exploits of Cruella de Vil, the villain from the Disney film, "101 Dalmatians’.” Rated PG-13
By attending the event, you agree to follow these critical policies for the safety of the event staff, the market staff, and your fellow movie-goers.
Union Market has the right to remove anyone from the event who does not follow these policies.
- By attending the Drive-In movie you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- No refunds or exchanges. If you cannot use your reservation, we recommend giving it to a friend to use.
- No walk-up or bike-in guests. All attendees must arrive in an enclosed motor vehicle, and must remain inside the vehicle at all times, except to use the restrooms in accordance with the procedure set forth below.
- You must remove any trash you bring in or create during the film. There are no public waste receptacles available.
- In case of an emergency, you will be directed to an appropriate exit by parking lot staff. Please stay inside your vehicles.
AT THE CHECK-IN GATE
- Enter the lot from 6th Street. There is one entrance into the lot.
- Please have your ticket ready for scanning.
- All films are broadcast to your car’s FM radio. Please be aware of how to put your car in Accessory mode, as engine idling is prohibited. If your car is not equipped with a radio, we recommended bringing one. The FM signal cannot be tuned into using a smartphone. There are no loudspeakers.
- All films are also shown with Open Captions, when available.
- Due to our parking lot arrangement, no vehicle may back into a space. ALL VEHICLES FACE FORWARD.
- Large or tall vehicles will be guided to park on the sides, or back of the lot.
- The decision to direct your car to a specific space is at the discretion of the lot staff. Failure to follow these instructions may result in your removal from the event.
- Once parked, you may not drive away until instructed by event staff.
- FOR SAFETY REASONS, NO CARS WILL BE ADMITTED AFTER THE LOT IS CLOSED. Lot open/close times are posted on the ticketing website and in your confirmation email. We suggest arriving early for spaces closest to the screen.
- ONCE PARKED, YOU MUST STAY IN YOUR CAR. All guests must stay inside the vehicle at all times. There is no picnicking on the grounds, nor on your car’s roof, hood, truck, or truck’s bed. The only reason to leave your vehicle is to pick up a food order or use the restroom. Please follow procedures for each of these actions listed below.
- NO ENGINE IDLING. Because we park cars closely together, your engine exhaust will affect the safety of others. You may start your engine periodically to keep the battery fresh, but for no more than one minute.
- OPENING WINDOWS. Your vehicle’s left side windows may be fully opened. The right side windows may be cracked no more than two inches to allow for increased airflow.
- In the event of a rain forecast, the Drive-In may announce an event cancellation by 1:00pm on the day of the event. Your ticket may be used for the rescheduled rain date, to be announced.
- While the film is running, in the event of light rain, the film will continue. In the event of a thunderstorm, event staff will decide whether to continue or cancel the event. Cars will be allowed to exit the lot when it is safe to do so, and only under the direction of Drive-In staff.