The Drive-In at Union Market is back for an eighth season! Watch great films in the convenience of your car!
$20 parking fee per car
Advance purchase is highly recommended. "Sold Out" means that all 125 parking spaces have been reserved.
For social distancing reasons, there no walk-ups, bike-ups, or picknickers are allowed. All guests must be in their vehicle at all times. Review the new event policies and procedures in the ABOUT section of this website.
All films are shown with Open Captions.
NEW TIMES FOR SEPTEMBER: Lot opens 7:15. Lot closes promptly at 8:15. Film begins at 8:30
GET ON UP
Friday, September 11
A chronicle of James Brown's rise from extreme poverty to become one of the most influential musicians in history. Starring Chadwick Boseman.
Rated PG-13 -- 2h 19m
Friday, September 18
In 1947, Jackie Robinson becomes the first African-American to play in Major League Baseball in the modern era when he was signed by the Brooklyn Dodgers and faces considerable racism in the process. Co-Hosted with Ward 5 Councilmember Kenyan McDuffie.
Rated PG-13 -- 2h 8m
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR
Friday, September 25
The Avengers and their allies must be willing to sacrifice all in an attempt to defeat the powerful Thanos before his blitz of devastation and ruin puts an end to the universe.
Rated PG-13 -- 2h 22m
PREVIOUSLY THIS SEASON...
CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER
Friday, July 3
Steve Rogers, a rejected military soldier, transforms into Captain America after taking a dose of a "Super-Soldier serum". But being Captain America comes at a price as he attempts to take down a war monger and a terrorist organization..
Rated PG-13 -- 2h 24m
Friday, July 10
A pragmatic paleontologist visiting an almost complete theme park is tasked with protecting a couple of kids after a power failure causes the park's cloned dinosaurs to run loose.
Rated PG-13 — 2h 7min
Friday, July 17
In a desperate attempt to win a basketball match and earn their freedom, the Looney Tunes seek the aid of retired basketball champion, Michael Jordan.
Rated PG — 1h 28min
THE LION KING (2019)
Friday, July 24
After the murder of his father, a young lion prince flees his kingdom only to learn the true meaning of responsibility and bravery.
Rated PG13 — 1h 58min
Thursday, July 30
A weatherman finds himself inexplicably living the same day over and over again.
Rated PG13 — 1h 41min
Thursday, August 13
A gay cabaret owner and his drag queen companion agree to put up a false straight front so that their son can introduce them to his fiancée's right-wing moralistic parents.
Rated R - 1h 57m
Thursday, August 20
Two elven brothers embark on a quest to bring their father back for one day.
Rated PG - 1h 42m
Thursday, August 27
A chronicle of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s campaign to secure equal voting rights via an epic march from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama, in 1965.
Rated PG - 2h 8m
Welcome to the Union Market Drive-In.
Due to social distancing protocols, our Drive-In policies have changed. By attending the event, you agree to follow these critical policies for the safety of the event staff, the market staff, and your fellow movie-goers.
Union Market has the right to remove anyone from the event who does not follow these policies.
- By attending the Union Market Drive-In you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- No refunds or exchanges. If you cannot use your reservation, we recommend giving it to a friend to use.
- No walk-up or bike-in guests. All attendees must arrive in an enclosed motor vehicle, and must remain inside the vehicle at all times, except to use the restrooms in accordance with the procedure set forth below.
- You must remove any trash you bring in or create during the film. There are no public waste receptacles available.
- In case of an emergency, you will be directed to an appropriate exit by parking lot staff. Please stay inside your vehicles.
AT THE CHECK-IN GATE
- Enter the lot from 6th Street. There is one entrance into the lot.
- Please have your ticket ready for scanning.
- At check-in, you will receive a flier with information about the Drive-In, including food ordering procedures, restroom procedures, and other important information.
- All films are broadcast to your car’s FM radio. Please be aware of how to put your car in Accessory mode, as engine idling is prohibited. If your car is not equipped with a radio, we recommended bringing one. The FM signal cannot be tuned into using a smartphone. There are no loudspeakers.
- All films are also shown with Open Captions.
- Due to our parking lot arrangement, no vehicle may back into a space. ALL VEHICLES FACE FORWARD.
- Large or tall vehicles will be guided to park on the sides, or back of the lot.
- The decision to direct your car to a specific space is at the discretion of the lot staff. Failure to follow these instructions may result in your removal from the event.
- Once parked, you may not drive away until instructed by event staff.
- FOR SAFETY REASONS, NO CARS WILL BE ADMITTED AFTER THE LOT IS CLOSED. Lot open/close times are posted on the ticketing website and in your confirmation email. We suggest arriving early for spaces closest to the screen.
- ONE PARKED, YOU MUST STAY IN YOUR CAR. All guests must stay inside the vehicle at all times. There is no picnicking on the grounds, nor on your car’s roof, hood, truck, or truck’s bed. The only reason to leave your vehicle is to pick up a food order or use the restroom. Please follow procedures for each of these actions listed below.
- NO ENGINE IDLING. Because we park cars closely together, your engine exhaust will affect the safety of others. You may start your engine periodically to keep the battery fresh, but for no more than one minute.
- OPENING WINDOWS. Your vehicle’s left side windows may be fully opened. The right side windows may be cracked no more than two inches to allow for increased airflow.
- In the event of a rain forecast, Union Market may announce an event cancellation by 1:00pm on the day of the event. Your ticket may be used for the rescheduled rain date, to be announced.
- While the film is running, in the event of light rain, the film will continue. In the event of a thunderstorm, event staff will decide whether to continue or cancel the event. Cars will be allowed to exit the lot when it is safe to do so, and only under the direction of Drive-In staff.
FOOD ORDERING PROCEDURES
- Visit unionmarketdc.com/takeout to order from our vendors.
- All food and beverages must be ordered through delivery app or phone.
- Please check with individual businesses for specific take-out menus and options.
- You must wear a mask or face covering to pick up your food.
- When outside your vehicle, please be respectful of others’ space. Stay at least 6’ away from others.
- Please return to your vehicle using proper social distancing protocols.
- Text your request to use either the men’s or women’s restroom to 202-743-1870. Please include your first name.
- Our restroom attendants will reply when a stall is open. If a stall is unavailable, you will receive notification when one becomes available.
- DO NOT PROCEED TO THE RESTROOMS WITHOUT RECEIVING A NOTIFICATION -- YOU WILL OTHERWISE BE TURNED AWAY.
- The restrooms are located in the Market. Walk to the door under the Market awning, to the left of the center doors. You will be escorted in and out of the building as quickly as possible by security staff.
- You must wear a mask or face covering to use the restroom.
- When outside your vehicle enroute to the restroom, please be respectful of others’ space. Stay at least 6’ away from others.
- After each use, the stalls and sinks are wiped down by the custodial staff.
- Please return to your vehicle using proper social distancing protocols.