The Drive-In at Union Market is back for our 11th season! Watch some of our favorite films from past summers -- and some new treats -- from the convenience of your car!
FREE but tickets are required to enter the lot
THE LION KING
Monday, August 21
After the murder of his father, a young lion prince flees his kingdom only to learn the true meaning of responsibility and bravery. Rated PG. 118 minutes.
- 7:30 Parking lot opens
- 8:20 Parking lot closes
- 8:30 MOVIE STARTS
- 10:40 Movie ends
Advance purchase is highly recommended. "Sold Out" means that all 175 parking spaces have been reserved.
While enjoying films under the stars, enjoy dozens of local, regional and international foods: Egyptian favorites by Fava Pot, night market noodles from Som Tam, ice cream locally churned by The Creamery, tasty takeout burgers from Lucky Buns and more. Alcohol purchased from Market vendors is permitted on Neal Place. Alcohol is not allowed in the parking lot. For those on foot, pack your chairs and blankets and set up shop in front of Union Market for great views and picnic-style entertainment. Tickets are not required to watch on Neal Place.
For those on foot, pack your chairs and blankets and set up shop in front of Union Market for great views and picnic style entertainment.
Sound is transmitted to cars via FM radio. Speakers provide sound for picknickers. All films are shown with Open Captions.
By attending the event, you agree to follow these critical policies for the safety of the event staff, the market staff, and your fellow movie-goers.
Union Market has the right to remove anyone from the event who does not follow these policies.
- By attending the Drive-In movie you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- No refunds or exchanges. If you cannot use your reservation, we recommend giving it to a friend to use.
- You must remove any trash you bring in or create during the film. There are no public waste receptacles available.
- In case of an emergency, you will be directed to an appropriate exit by parking lot staff. Please stay inside your vehicles.
AT THE CHECK-IN GATE
- Enter the lot from 6th Street. There is one entrance into the lot.
- Please have your ticket ready for scanning.
- All films are broadcast to your car’s FM radio. Please be aware of how to put your car in Accessory mode, as engine idling is prohibited. If your car is not equipped with a radio, we recommended bringing one. The FM signal cannot be tuned into using a smartphone. There are no loudspeakers.
- All films are also shown with Open Captions, when available.
- Due to our parking lot arrangement, no vehicle may back into a space. ALL VEHICLES FACE FORWARD.
- Large or tall vehicles will be guided to park on the sides, or back of the lot.
- The decision to direct your car to a specific space is at the discretion of the lot staff. Failure to follow these instructions may result in your removal from the event.
- Once parked, you may not drive away until instructed by event staff.
- FOR SAFETY REASONS, NO CARS WILL BE ADMITTED AFTER THE LOT IS CLOSED. Lot open/close times are posted on the ticketing website and in your confirmation email. We suggest arriving early for spaces closest to the screen.
- NO ENGINE IDLING. Because we park cars closely together, your engine exhaust will affect the safety of others. You may start your engine periodically to keep the battery fresh, but for no more than one minute.
- In the event of a rain forecast, the Drive-In may announce an event cancellation by 1:00pm on the day of the event. Your ticket may be used for the rescheduled rain date, to be announced.
- While the film is running, in the event of light rain, the film will continue. In the event of a thunderstorm, event staff will decide whether to continue or cancel the event. Cars will be allowed to exit the lot when it is safe to do so, and only under the direction of Drive-In staff.